MILESTONES IN THE HISTORY OF ENVEA:
Establishment of the company Environnement S.A, to develop atmospheric pollution measurement instruments;
1980 / 1984
Successive acquisitions of the Instrumentation and Industrial Analysis of Thomson / Saphymo and Sereg / Schlumberger;
Introduction of “Emissions” range of products for stack continuous emission monitoring;
Acquisition of «Analyse» Department of Seit CGE’s subsidiary and creation of “Water” Business Unit;
Creation of the Italian subsidiary. As the group’s fi rst subsidiary, ENVEA Italy has quickly established itself as a major player on the Italian ambient air and later the highly competitive emissions markets. Made up of a very competent and active team, the company managed to create partnerships with renowned companies and laboratories, as well as successfully imposing its presence in all the Italian provinces. It provides multi-parameter stations and mobile laboratories, in addition to installations of complete turnkey systems for emissions monitoring. It is an important partner of our headquarters in Poissy, both for the development of new instruments and for the strongly anticipated local application of future European standards and directives
Acquisition of Altech (Chicago, USA), a division of US Filter. The American subsidiary, ENVEA ALTECH, based in Geneva near Chicago (IL), is a company that has a proven track record in continuous emission monitoring systems. It has been operating on the US and international markets since 1989, mainly building turnkey systems for gas and dust monitoring in accordance with US-EPA regulations. With nearly 30 years of experience in the emissions monitoring industry, a nationwide sales team and a growing distribution network, the US subsidiary provides customers with excellent service and is considered, for the group, a vector of image and growth on the American territory.
Acquisition of Cosma, specialized in gas analyzers for engine test benches;
Absorption of SFI, a joint subsidiary with Comex nuclear and development of Radio-nuclide monitoring stations (detecting any nuclear explosion);
2004 / 2005
Deployment in France of hundreds of continuous emission monitoring systems in compliance with the implementation of the european council directive 2000/76/EC on the waste incineration industry;
Public shares offered on the stock market, Euronext Alternext market;
Acquisition of ISEO, a VINCI Energie subsidiary, an SESC (Software Engineering Services Company) already working in partnership for data processing in ambient air measurement networks, notably for European equipment programmes in former Eastern European countries. This acquisition would strengthen the systems used to capture and process environmental data and develop all control and emission supervision software.
Acquisition of BECKER / AMESA, AMESA department of Becker Messtechnik (Germany), specialising in the development of forward-thinking devices for continuous dioxin, mercury & heavy metals emission sampling. This emerging market was complementary to the control market for urban or industrial waste incinerators, which was already largely dominated by Environnement SA.
Acquisition of a new 3000 m2 building, adjoining the corporate headquarters;
Establishment of two new subsidiaries: India and China;
ENVEA India, since its creation, has already delivered and installed thousands of devices around all major cities in the different States, and within the very important Indian industries: petrochemical, thermal power plants, cement plants, iron and steel industries, aluminum, mining, fertilizer, etc. Today, ENVEA India offers its customers direct contact with technical expertise, as well as optimal engineering and local integration solutions, in order to supply turnkey systems, which are compliant with the standards defifi ned by the Central Pollution Control Board and the Ministry of the Environment. Solutions for the management of online data acquisition, or webbased solutions, are locally provided to various industries. An excellent customer-service department is dedicated to all the Indian territory, and it confers a remarkable image of seriousness. India, is today the group’s third largest market.
ENVEA China, established in Beijing, was created to better monitor the rapid and technical evolution of the emission measurement market for thermal power plants and incinerators. The ambient air activity, previously in the hands of exclusive distributors, was taken over in 2012 by ENVEA China, to ensure faultless technical support and post-sales services over the vast Chinese territory. The local team ensures the complete conception and installation of the various turnkey solutions, ambient air and emission. Since 2017, the activities in the process domain (PCME and SWR), representing significant synergies, have been consolidated in Beijing. ENVEA China regularly imposes itself with winning large orders due to on-site services and strong technical expertise.
Acquisition of Cairpol, a French high-tech start-up located in Alès, developing high precision autonomous and portable micro-sensors to perform – in addition to conventional analysers – site studies, mapping, monitoring of odorous gases and fugitive or accidental atmospheric emissions, and their impact on the environment.
Acquisition of the “Industrial Instrumentation” branch of OTI Industry Company located in Clermont- Ferrand, specialised in industrial instrumentation in the field of boiler room control and piloting. This acquisition opened up new market segments and, in particular, small combustion plants, encouraging biomass recovery projects.
Acquisition of the company PCME Ltd, a British company based in Cambridge, world leader in the supply of equipment for particulate measurement in industrial environments and incident detection. This was the largest acquisition since the creation of Environnement SA! This merger would provide the group with one of the most comprehensive and technologically advanced offerings, meeting the most demanding current and future regulations for all its customers worldwide.
Acquisition of TDL Sensors Ltd a spinoff from the University of Manchester had been working on the development of high-resolution laser gas analysers for ten years. The implementation of these new technologies would rapidly lead to highly innovative measuring devices that meet increasingly stringent international demands to reduce emissions, as well as devices for measuring atmospheric greenhouse gases.
Acquisition of SWR Engineering Messtechnik GmbH came as a logical addition to the PCME range of instruments: flow measurement and flow monitoring of solids, level measurement, moisture measurement, velocity, dust and level in many industries and applications. SWR has become a major player in Germany, enabling the group to strengthen its position in the market of industrial production optimisation and environmental impact reduction.
Acquisition of the German company Mercury Instruments Analytical Technologies GmbH. Located near Munich, world leader in mercury monitoring solutions for laboratories, safety, industrial processes and environmental monitoring applications. The products developed there meet both the Minamata Convention on large mercury emitters – involving China, India and the United States – and the new European directives on thermal power plants and incinerators, which will impact this market from 2019-2020.
Within its development strategy and desire to unite its technologies, production sites and sales subsidiaries, the Environnement S.A Group has introduced in January 2018 its global commercial brand envea™. The Group hopes to provide a more complete vision of its monitoring solutions, for the benefit of its customers, together with its high added value services.
The launch of its commercial brand and its name change to ENVEA end of June 2018 is an exciting and significant milestone in the Group’s history, celebrating its 40th anniversary this year.
- 4th of April 1991 In the French Senate, Simone Veil awarded the French National Order of Merit to François Gourdon: “Our action for the environment has the same will, she stated, long before these concerns came into fashion”.
- 18th of May 1992 Environnement SA won the EURO-PME competition organised by the Les Echos newspaper and Crédit Lyonnais. Presentation at the Palais des Congrès of the European Trophy for French SMEs, the first trophy to reward export development initiatives.
- 24th of June 1993 Environnement SA received the national Export Oscar from Gérard Longuet, Minister of Industry and Foreign Trade, the “best international vocation”, the first time this award is presented to a company with less than one hundred employees.7th of November 1988 As part of the ‘Entreprendre’ exhibition of the Yvelines-Val d’Oise Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Prime Minister Michel Rocard presented the 1st Strategy Prize to the President of Environnement SA.
- 13th of October 1994 ‘Mercure d’or de l’Exportation’ presented by the president of the Yvelines-Val d’Oise Chamber of Commerce and Industry. “There is no doubt about the success of this project. The environmental market is now trending in the media, and the company has been able to seize it before anyone else!” said Didier Simon, President of the ICC.
- 4th of October 2000 President of Environnement SA, Mayor of Villennes-sur-Seine and Chairman of Comité 21, François Gourdon, to reward his triple involvement in the environment, was decorated with the French Legion of Honour by Christian Perret, Secretary of State for Industry, at a reception in Bercy.
- 1st of February 2006 Minister of the Environment Nelly Olin came to Poissy to present the French National Order of Merit to François Gourdon, whom she described in her speech as an “three-faceted entrepreneur: president of Environnement SA, mayor of Villennes-sur-Seine and a strong advocate of the environment. […] We’ve always wanted to oppose economics and ecology – but Environment SA has proven that both go hand in hand.”
- 2009 Environnement SA received the Sustainable Development Prize at a contest organised by the Moniteur du commerce international – MOCI – in partnership with BFM and La Tribune, rewarding a significant sustainable development approach and international progress since its creation.
- 2011 Trophée du Dynamisme à l’export des Éco-Industries (Eco-Industries Export Dynamism Trophy), awarded by Oséo, Business France (ex Ubifrance) and ADEME (Environment and Energy Control agency), this prize rewards “Environnement SA’s wonderful international success”.
- 2014 The prize for innovation in environmental technologies, awarded by the French National Research Agency, goes to the particulate monitor developed by Environnement SA in collaboration with the CNRS for ground measurements or for balloon or UAV flights.
- November 2015 COP 21 was in France! Environnement SA leveraged this event to launch its new e-series of connected air quality monitoring analysers. This investment is rewarded with an Oxygen Award, a prize devoted to air quality issues in the world’s major cities.
- 20th of November 2015 The strong growth of the business was hailed by the 2015 Champion prize for the growth of the FUTUR 40 ranking, awarded by Croissance-Plus and PME Finance. “The FUTUR 40 rewards and highlights the forty SMEs and mid-cap companies listed on the Paris Stock Exchange, which had the strongest profi table growth in the last three years and that would likely join the CAC40 in the future.”
- 13th of October 2016 The e-series of eco-designed air quality analysers won the technological prize list – in the Industrial Analysis category – awarded by the Mesures magazine.
- 21st of April 2017 PCME, the British subsidiary of the group, was awarded a Queen Elisabeth prize in the Innovation category for the development and commercial success of its range of wet particle measurement systems.
- 2017 ADEME Eco-Industries prize and Champion of Growth award by Les Echos magazine and the Statista institute (a leading Internet statistics company), responsible for distinguishing companies whose turnover had increased the most over the 2012-2015 period.
- 17th of January 2018 François Gourdon, president of the group, received the Saint-Louis d’or de l’Économie, in the presence of the president of the Yvelines department and the president of the Île-de-France region to reward the growth of Environnement SA. “One of the jewels of the Pisciac industry” according to Karl Olive, Mayor of Poissy.